Wednesday, May 26, 2010

list 13 - things that are rocking my world this week

1. the blue skies that come with summer (we can call it summer since it's 90° out, right?)


2. the awesome, awesome, awesome concert that Brad Paisley put on last Saturday evening. Literally two hours of me standing there, dancing and singing my head off (apologies to those sitting around us!). Added bonus? Opening act Darius Rucker (aka Hootie from Hootie and the Blowfish) who sang all the songs from junior high!
3. the great discussion with Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert that Brad took me to see last Friday night. Added bonus? We went to a meet-and-greet afterward and got them to sign books (I won't share the incredibly dorky thing I said to Mr. Bourdain... I was trying to be so cool, but ended up much more star-struck than anticipated!)
4. the new Sex and the City movie that opens tomorrow (even though it just got a horrible review in the Post)

5. the three photos below will be appearing in a display at the City of Alexandria Historical Museum this summer

6. the Pandora Radio station created by searching the song "Roll to Me" - a great mix of 90's music (a thanks to my colleague Lauren for this idea!)

No comments: