Friday, May 14, 2010

Five for Friday

1. Remember the old adage "be careful what you wish for"???

Remember back in January when I posted how I was missing my brother, but that was okay because he was done with his military service in July and there would be a happy homecoming?

Well, July turned into next week and the "happy homecoming" part has turned into him coming to live with Brad and I for a few weeks. It's a little scary and nerve-wracking and exciting all at the same time. The scary part: how are three adults going to share one tiny bathroom? The nerve-wracking part: what is he going to do while I'm at work all day that doesn't result in our condo being burned down? The exciting part: I get to spoil him/re-do his entire wardrobe!

If anyone has any fantastic ideas for a big glittery sign I can meet him at the airport with, I'm all ears. I'm going for maximum embarrassment here - and yes, I'm already considering a small battery-operated tape player which will be playing patriotic music!

2. Tomorrow, I am embarking on a crazy, one day journey up to the Big Apple and back. Why so much travel crammed into one day? Well, because our life is a little insane right now (see #1), but a certain Mr. Henri Cartier-Bresson has an exhibit at MoMA which I have no choice but to go see.

Who has the best husband? Clearly, I do. Since he's:

1. getting up at 5:45am to take me to the bus stop (which is a random street corner in Rosslyn where apparently a reputable bus company is going to pick me and my fellow intrepid/cheap travelers up),

2. coming to pick me up at said bus stop/corner when I get back at 10:00pm,

and, most importantly, 3. going to clean like a mad man and reorganize the house for our unexpected guest.

Wohoo for Brad!

Wohoo for awesome-world-traveler-and-photographic-genius Henri Cartier-Bresson!


Wohoo New York City!


3. I dunno... what else? How could there possibly be more because, lets face it, #1 and #2 are, well, HUGE.

4. Oh! I will give a shout out to some recent new parents. My cousin-in-law Mindy, after being pregnant forever, gave birth to the cutest little boy last week. A friend and coworker of mine, after being on total bed rest in the hospital since February gave birth a few weeks ago to the two cutest twin girls ever and both girls got to come home this week. Added bonus? She already sent us a thank you note for our baby gift - you go girl! My friend's Mike and Kerri are expecting their second any day now (and are in the middle of changing jobs and moving to Wisconsin). So many babies! Such good birth control - sorry Dad ;)

5. I would be remiss not to mention the continued pain of Cleveland sports fans everywhere. In what was arguably the most important game ever for the franchise, the Cavs lost last night to eliminate themselves from the NBC playoffs. Just depressing that the best time in basketball falls to the Cleveland sports curse. Additionally, the 13-19 Indians should be pretty much paying me to attend their games by July. And we won't even discuss the Browns... ahhh, the joys of being a Cleveland sports fan, or as one of my friend's said "A 'there's always next year' sports fan."

No comments: