Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Brothers

I have been thinking about my brother a lot lately. As I have mentioned before, if you didn't already know, he is stationed with the U.S. Air Force in South Korea right now and has been for the past 13 months.

We were never especially close as kids (just kind of stayed out of each other's way), but I'm having this sisterly urge to give him a big ol' hug, a little punch in the arm, and to debate the finer things in life, like video games, our messed up political system and the general musings of a 24 year old guy. The good news is that he his done with his military service July 12, which means he'll be back in the good ol' US of A, ready to take on the world with his new-found skills, adult-ness and (hopefully discovered) knack for seeking out really great Asian food.

Here's a quick photo that he sent my Dad from the last train station before the DMZ in South Korea. Disappointing that there are no evil looking North Korean soldiers over the fence... also, that nice sweater? I believe I purchased that for him a Christmas or two ago. Such a great sister I am!




No comments: