Friday, July 24, 2009

Five for Friday

1. I feel bad I didn't do a FFF last Friday. But, as you can see from my posts this week, I was getting ready for our big Cedar Point trip!

2. Cedar Point was super, super fun. I hadn't been there since I was about five years old, so it was crazy trying to remember what rides where there then that are still there (answer: about three) and what is new (answer: basically everything). Brad, on the other hand, practically grew up there, going at least once a summer until about three years ago. He was so excited to be there and made it a point to go on every roller coaster and almost every other ride in the park. Even though I'm not really a roller coaster person, I sucked it up and rode three of them (and even the same one four times, including once in the front row!). My favorite ride is still the Scrambler though :)

3. Tomorrow night, we're going to see one of my favorite singers, Brad Paisley, at an outdoor amphitheater in the middle of nowhere Virginia. This will be our fourth year in a row seeing him and it is always such a fun concert. I'm really looking forward to it!

4. We are MOVING! Wohoo! We're moving in September from our cozy one bedroom place into a great two bedroom place that is literally right across the street from the Metro. I can't wait to have a two minute commute to the train :) We just hired movers - a first for me - who will be coming on September 14th. And the best thing about the new place? It has a washer and dryer in the unit! I think this is literally going to change our lives.

5. My office is having a big baby boom right now. One of our attorney's gave birth on Monday to a little girl - 9lbs, 12oz! Another colleague is due in mid-August and another colleague is due in December with twins. They warned me not to drink the water when I started working here... perhaps it's time to start bringing my own bottles from home!

No comments: