Thursday, July 30, 2009

Espana

Brad and I have been toying with the idea of doing a big third anniversary trip to Spain next fall. Being the OCD planner that I am, I have already begun my indepth research of where we should venture off to for about 14 days. Honestly, the idea of taking 10 days off of work is making me both nervous and giddy!

Our only experience with this vast country of anatomous regions was the two days we spent in Barcelona before we boarded a cruise ship for our honeymoon. We absolutely feel in love with it there - the people were so nice, the architecture was amazing and the food... well, I could live on tapas and red wine for the rest of my life.

So, I ask my faithful blog followers: have any of you been to Spain? Have any "must see" or "must do" activities? My only requirement is that it is non-touristy! For a little trip down memory lane, some shots I took during our short time in Barcelona:

sheep's head for sale in the market!


the Park Guell - designed by Spanish architect Antonio Gaudi
a circle mosaic from the Park - we have a series of three of these hanging in our living room that make me smile every time I see them



flowers for sale along Las Ramblas
the view from our hotel room window of the Agbar Tower, decked out in the colors of
FC Barcelona, their soccer team!

No comments: