Friday, April 23, 2010

Las Vegas - Bellagio awesome-ness

After Paris, the Bellagio was my favorite hotel (duh, isn't it everyone's?). Rather than being yet-another themed hotel (yes, I understand it's Italian-"themed," but it doesn't SCREAM Italy the way, the New York-New York (tries to) scream NYC), the Bellagio is a hotel of class. Elegance. Timelessness. Extreme attention to detail. The kind of place that *he* might stay in :)

http://blushingrose.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/cary-grant.jpg
(ha! ha! you didn't think I could sneak one in this week, did you?)

Anyway, the Bellagio = gorgeous. That Dale Chihuly ceiling in the lobby? Breathtaking. Amazing. That Chihuly is one talented dude. It's almost worth it to go to the hotel just to see the lobby.

But why stop there? Certainly while you're there, you have to go see the conservatory. It was filled with spring time flowers, including some amazing tulips and some paper-thin Icelandic poppies.

But, honestly, is there any reason to really to go Vegas other than to see the world-famous Bellagio fountain show? I didn't think so.

Remember when we were in Chicago way back in October 2008 and I was basically obsessed with taking pictures of The Bean? And then when we were in Seattle, and I was basically obsessed with taking pictures of all the neon signs? And then, every time we're in Barbados, all I manage to take pictures of are the waves? Enter Bellagio fountain show. Except the show was so spectacular, that I was torn between taking pictures of every second of it and being totally entranced watching it. You can confirm with Brad (who may or may not have noticed because he was similarly entranced) that I actually stood for most of the first show we watched with my mouth hanging open. It's absolutely unreal. And this is coming from someone who has seen the Magic Fountain of Montjuic in Barcelona (seriously, that's what they call it):



Just kidding... it wasn't even 1/4 as good as the Bellagio!


So, I'll say it again, go. Go to Vegas. Go to Vegas JUST to see the Bellagio fountain show. Stand there all night and watch it (heck, we did!). It's free. It's fabulous. It's amazing. It's awe-inspiring. It's probably the best thing that Steve Wynn has ever come up with.

Just go, trust me.

No comments: