Friday, April 30, 2010

Five for Friday

1. Woot! It's Friday!

2. Next Friday, Five for Friday will take a brief break, because Brad and I will be causing all kinds of trouble visiting my bestest friend Mark in Ft. Lauderdale. I am beyond way excited to get my toes in the sand again!

This sand:
which I actually admitted to enjoying last year, even though, by nature and breeding, I'm a Gulf-coast kind of a girl.

Hopefully we'll lunch here: because how can you beat the view? Well, I guess you can beat it, actually...

ohhhhh Carib beach bar... I love you.

Anyway, I am most excited to go to Ft. Lauderdale to see this guy, who I love, who has put up with my antics for the past 15 years, who I don't get to see nearly as much as I'd like, who has turned me into a texting machine, and who always shows his guests a good time!

Woot!

3. Tuesday night we went to see the Washington National Opera's production of "Marriage of Figaro." It was Brad's first opera. He was a brave boy and I think almost enjoyed it. I, on the other hand, LOVED it and have decided that it has been way too long since I've been to the opera. How we could ever live in a city that didn't have great performing arts is beyond me.

4. I have just been informed that since the majority of my office is out of the office traveling today, the remaining staff will be caravaning (can you caravan on the Metro?) up to the Washington institution Ben's Chili Bowl for lunch. Despite living here for five years, I have never been to Ben's . Perhaps this will be the summer were Brad and I do all the things we've never done in the five years we've lived here.

By the way, a neat fact: the only person to ever have their name added to Ben's famous "Eat's Here Free" sign? The Obama family. They join Bill Cosby as the only names on that list. Reportedly though, when President Obama visited there, he paid :)

5. Woot - it's Friday!

Happy weekend folks!

No comments: