Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Las Vegas - actually Paris?


In my humble opinion, the Paris resort in Las Vegas does the best job of actually transporting you from the middle of the desert to the streets of Paris. Now granted, I have only been to Paris once, in fifth grade, when I was more concerned about finding something to eat I actually liked (I think I settled for a chocolate crepe from a street vendor) than taking in all things Parisian. But when I visit Paris as an adult, I expect it to be much like the Paris hotel in Vegas, minus the slot machines.

The hotel was beautiful. The attention to detail magnificent. The view from the top of the miniature Eiffel Tower well worth the price of admission. It was romantic. It made you want to swoon, put on a blue and white striped shirt and red barret, and be dipped by a handsome man into a passionate kiss (no, he didn't, he knows it would not have been wise due to my dislike of both crowds and heights... but in hindsight it seems like it would have been a good idea).

When/if we ever go back to Vegas, we will be staying at Paris. Hopefully by then I'll be able to compare it to the real thing!

PS That photo above? That is the ceiling inside the hotel when you first enter from Bally's. AMAZING.

the view from across the street at the Bellagio, through the fountain show.
the fountain show might be the best thing ever (well, besides Paris). more on that later.

the view of the Bellagio fountain show from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
worth the price of admission folks!

oui, oui!



No comments: