Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Photography Class - Assignment #1

Well, I have finally completed my first photography class assignment (and just in time - a mere five hours before the class starts!). I will say that shooting in manual mode is a heck of a lot harder than it seems. Manual means you have to do everything yourself - set the white balance, figure out the correct exposure and do in camera adjustments, figure out your aperature, everything! That is why I usually shoot in aperature priority mode :)

I guess it's good practice though because Brad let me know that he has set me up with a professional photographer to take me around Chicago to shoot when we're there in two weeks (!) and that he shoots all in manual (and Cannon, but we'll forgive him for that!).

So, I thought I'd share the images I'm going to share in class tonight... I'll try to write tomorrow to report the feedback I get!






** I should have included a note with my photos about my procrastination! The top two pictures were taken on my way from the Metro station to my office this morning. Thank goodness I live in an amazing city :)

1 comment:

erin said...

I am totally impressed! You're pictures keep getting better. I am in the same place...just started a class, usually shoot Aperture priority, shooting in manual means utter chaos! But practice looks perfect! They are awesome.