Friday, June 25, 2010

Five for Friday

1. Hot: adjective: 1. having or giving off heat; having a high temperature: a hot fire; hot coffee.

Ridiculous
–adjective: causing or worthy of ridicule or derision; absurd; preposterous; laughable: a ridiculous plan.

It has been ridiculously hot this week in D.C. Like unbearable. Like competing with the hottest days from when I lived in Florida. And it's only mid-June. Yikes.

2. It may be hot, but it's never too hot for a bike ride. Or at least that's what Brad says. Last Sunday, he rode a metric century (that's 63 miles) in the Tour de Cure. Despite the 93 degree heat, he finished in 4.5 hours. I am so proud of him! Next up for him: a full century (yup, 100 miles) in early October in Maryland/Delaware. Let the training begin!


3. Sometime this weekend, we're going to see Toy Story 3. I have already admitted my love (and weepy tendencies) to Pixar movies, so I'm really excited to see this one. Hmmm... now I want to watch the movie "Up!" Perhaps it will be a Pixar movie marathon weekend. I mean, what the heck else can you do when it's so ridiculously hot out?!

4. Next weekend, we will be in Cleveland for the fourth of July (BTW, how the heck is it July already?!). On Friday, I will be hanging out with an old friend (and by that I mean we've been friends for a long time, not that she is old. Because she's not. Since she's the same age I am!), while Brad and his brother spend the day at Cedar Point. Since I spent time being scared out of my wits at that place last summer, I feel no need to put myself through that torture again this summer. Besides, I need a pedicure. Feels like a fair trade off to me.

5. I am ridiculously (seems to be the word of the day kids) excited about going to Cleveland. I only hope that I have not set my expectations a wee-bit too high :)

No comments: