Wednesday, June 16, 2010

list 16 - if I had $1,000,000

Remember the song "If I had a million dollars"?

"If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a green dress. But not a real green dress, that's cruel. If I had a million dollars, I'd buy your love. blah blah blah. If I had a million dollars, I'd be rich."

Barenaked Ladies?

Remember?

No?

Oh well.

You know, if you think about it, one million isn't very much money in this day and age. Still, I'm not complaining if it landed on my doorstep tomorrow.

list 16 - if I had $1,000,000, I'd*....

1. take an unpaid leave of absence from work (a "sabbatical," if you will) throw some clothes in a backpack and hit up Europe for a few weeks.

2. wouldn't be driving a 2001 Ford Focus... but also wouldn't be driving a Mercedes.

3. make a nice donation to the Ohio State University Political Science Department... because without them, I wouldn't have met my husband.

4. buy Ohio State University football season tickets. And Cleveland Indians half-season tickets. But those are cheap these days anyway.

5. buy some good, high quality, a little more expensive, staples for my wardrobe

6. buy shoes. I'd definitely buy shoes as well.

7. and buy books. Because I love, love, love books.

8. get bi-weekly massage appointments and monthly pedicures

9. send my grandparents, and my Dad, on a fabulous vacation (although not necessarily the same one!). Because they're fabulous and they deserve it.

10. probably head to B&H and do some serious shopping as well.

11. buy a timeshare in Florence.

12. take another sabbatical and write a book about traveling. Preferably from a tropical location.

*me, personally, not sharing with Brad. He has to get his own $1,000,000. Okay, maybe I'll share a little. He can visit the timeshare in Florence with me.

No comments: