Friday, March 26, 2010

Five for Friday

1. Great call yesterday by Brad and my Dad on missed When Harry Met Sally quotes.

Brad's contribution:
Harry Burns: "I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally Albright: Why not?
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: How do you know?
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry Burns: I guess not.
Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

Dad's contribution: "I'll have what she's having." Did you know that line is actually spoken by Rob Reiner's mother who plays the woman in the deli who is definitely envious of the turkey sandwich that Meg Ryan is eating since, just prior to this line, Meg Ryan was faking a, well, you know what.

Classic.

2. I've decided that I'm probably going to work a picture of Cary Grant into a post at least every two weeks. He really brightened my day yesterday. Thanks swooner (my new nickname for him).

3. The weather here is disgusting today. It's only fitting that it should be pouring rain, since it is one of my best friend's at work last day. This makes me terribly sad. In fact, I've decided she's not really leaving, she's actually just taking a REALLY extended vacation. She'll return one day. Hopefully.

4. My personal trainer kicked my butt this morning. It hurts to type. This is what I get for telling him I wanted to work harder. Might be a long day...

5. Brad's parents are in town this weekend. We never seem to know what fun activities to do with them. Yet we live in this city with loads of free and cheap and fun stuff to do. The only thing really out is movies or performing arts. They just need some more exciting touristy things to be built. Somehow we always end up just sitting around and walking around Pentagon City Mall (the bane of any locals existence at this time of year due to the massive school groups that take over the entire place). So DC peeps that read this blog, I need suggestions. I know there's stuff we're not thinking of. Oh, and don't you dare suggest Cherry Blossoms. Because we all know that every tourist in the city of D.C. will be there this weekend!

No comments: