Friday, September 25, 2009

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Half Moon Cay is Carnival and Holland America's private island in the Bahamas. That basically means they bought a strip of beach, purified the sand, set up some comfy chairs and hammocks, cook up a big ol' island BBQ lunch and treat their passengers to what eutopia must be like. The sand is as fine as flour, the water is clear all the way down (as it is in most of that part of the world), the palms trees sway in the breeze and it's the most darn relaxing place in the world. This is what it looks like:


All I said I wanted, from the time we booked our cruise, was to lay in a hammock and read. That was it. My only requirement for the whole vacation.
Ladies and gentleman, dreams do come true!

Brad played spy and took some pictures of me lounging, reading my beach trash of a book, without me even knowing.
Don't you just love the second picture?
While I camped out in my hammock, Brad enjoyed most of the day
in the water...
the view from my hammock
very happy, very relaxed
they had these funky directional signs all over the island
tendering back to the ship, tan and happy

No comments: