Friday, September 25, 2009

Five for Friday

1. This week has been a fantastic week at work. Sunday through Wednesday, we played host to 600 volunteers and staff for our annual Leadership Summit and Lobby Day. On Tuesday, I am proud to say that I put together a press event with five NCAA Division I men's basketball coaches, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, three U.S. Senator's and a whole heck of a lot of media. Just take a look at the very rewarding chaos:




2. Brad and I are pretty much moved into our new place. To have the whole place unpacked and basically put together a week and a half after moving is nothing short of a miracle. It is so nice to have the extra space and having a washer and dryer in the unit is literally life changing. I hope to get some pictures posted soon, although I'll probably wait until we have stuff hanging on the walls..

3. Fall made a brief appearance earlier in the week when the temperatures barely hit 70 degrees. However, we had a bit of an indian summer the rest of the week, with temps in the 80's and super humid. The weather here is a wack...

4. With the return of fall comes the return of many of my favorite things: Ohio State football (well, heck football period!), pumpkin-everything, beautiful autumn leaves, long sleeved shirts, apple orchard's and bright blue skies. Oh yeah, and my wedding anniversary, which is in less than a month!

5. We have a couple exciting things coming up that I'll tease you about: in mid-October we're headed to Minneapolis to celebrate my great-grandmother's 100th birthday, then headed to Seattle for a few days to celebrate our anniversary. At the end of October, one of my bestest friends is coming to visit for the weekend. THEN for Thanksgiving, we're headed up to NYC. It is going to be a fantastic few months!!!

PS I'll finish posting our cruise pictures sometime this year... they make me happy to look at, so I'm taking my time :)

No comments: