Friday, January 22, 2010

Five for Friday

1. So, as you can see from my posts earlier this week, we had a super awesome time in Florida last weekend. In addition to feeling the warm sun on my face, the cool sand between my toes, and the yummy Greek food in my tummy, it was just nice to get the heck out of DC! Next trip: three weeks from today, I will be sitting on the beach, reading a book in Barbados!

2. While we were in Tampa, we met a friend of mine from high school and his lovely wife for lunch. It was crazy to catch up with someone I haven't seen in ten years! Much to my happiness though, he hadn't changed one bit since high school - still sweet and funny! It was fun to catch up, talk about old times, look back at how lousy our education actually way, and not have him tell any incriminating stories since, well, I was a goody-goody in high school.

3. I worked out with a personal trainer for the first time in quite a while this morning. While I am definitely feeling it now (and we didn't even work that hard!), it's a good sore and it felt great to get moving again. As I told him, my goal is less of a number on a scale and more of just feeling good and strong in my own body. We'll see if I can stick with it through all the crazy traveling we have going on in the next few months...

4. Speaking of crazy traveling, take a look at this schedule (which is going to produce SO many awesome photos!):
  • Barbados:February 11-16
  • weekend trip for Brad's birthday to surprise location: April 9-11
  • Ft. Lauderdale: May 7-9
  • Ohio for Brad's class reunion: May 29-31
  • somewhere over 4th of July weekend
  • July 12th my brother comes back into the country from being deployed in the military, so we'll probably go see him
  • Hershey, PA (IF I reach my goal weight): July 30-August 1
  • somewhere for at least a long weekend: August
  • annual anniversary trip: mid-October

I am tried (but excited!) just thinking about it! Hopefully all those hotels have gym's in them :)

5. This week was Alexandria Restaurant Week, where a bunch of restaurants do either dinner for two for $35 or three-course price-fixed menus for $35. We are going to one of my favorite restaurants, Bastielle, tomorrow night for dinner. YUM! It will make all the working out totally worth it.

1 comment:

John said...

Lovely blog, stumbled across this on "wefeelfine", good stuff and will call again!