Thursday, December 3, 2009

Macy's celebrates Christmas and Thanksgiving at the same time!

Clearly, you'd be insane if you were in New York City and didn't visit the ginormous Macy's store there - in fact, the world's largest department store.

You'd be even more insane if you didn't visit during the holidays when their most fantastic decorations are up.

You've be even more insane if you were there on Thanksgiving and didn't go see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Yet, that last one almost didn't happen! Luckily, my Dad is pushy (like the native New Yorker he is), so we braved the crowds, found a spot two blocks from the actual parade route, watched the balloons float down Central Park West and had a fabulous time! Some people moved/I kind of nudged them out of the way and I stood on top of a security barrier, giving me an even better view of the parade.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't join in on the squeels of joy when Santa came down that street, officially kicking off the Christmas season!

inside the ginormous Macy's


the new location of the previously located big green square on Herald Square
(now relocated since the parade doesn't go down Broadway any more)
outside the ginormous Macy's
Parade time! Mickey floats down Central Park West
Snoopy
Buzz
the crowds at Columbus Circle
la la la la la la, la la la la la
Doughboy!
SANTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

No comments: