Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day!

So far this winter in D.C., we have had 2" of snow. Today we got 5"!!! Brad and I were both able to work from home today, which was nice since the bus system seems non-too reliable in the incliment weather. My office was actually on a two hour delay this morning (we follow the federal government), so while Brad was sleeping in and I was waiting for my coworkers to roll in, I went outside and snapped some pictures!

Around 1:00pm, we decided to walk up the street for lunch, only to find the cafe we were going to go to closed, as was the one across the street. Luckily there is a chinese restaurant two blocks away that was open. It is the first time I've had chinese in probably six months... it was good but, oh, do I feel full! The walk along the empty streets was pretty though.
cars parked on the street in front of our building
my little car, snowed in


BBQ grills in the courtyard!



No comments: