Friday, February 12, 2010

Five for Friday

1. The snow. If you've been reading my blog, you have seen the insane 55" of snow that we have gotten. I have never seen so much snow in my entire life. We haven't really left our little neighborhood - thank goodness that we have restaurants that are lunch-yummy within walking distance! It seems that the snow has finally subsided, but I think we all have one eye to the sky, as you can never really be sure when the white death will begin falling again!


2. Yesterday's project was digging my car out. When I started, it looked like this: When I finished, it looked like this:
It is about 3/4 of the way dug out, with a nice circumference of no snow around almost all of it. A big shout out to Brad who cleaned off the hood and roof after the second blizzard earlier this week. Of course, I feel like I'm about 98 years old today - very sore from my hour of shoveling!

3. Yesterday, we invited over one of our neighbors, whose husband has been out of town all week and has been stuck indoors like we have been. It was great fun to have some human interaction that wasn't with Brad (no offense honey!). Even better, she is extremely well traveled, so she was great to talk to. She lived in London twice when she was younger and has traveled all over Europe and Asia - I think she even convinced Brad to visit Istanbul! :)

4. One of (few) best things about being snowed in has been all the cooking we've done. I've got another post ready to go later today featuring the homemade pizza we've rocked twice this week.

5. Barbados. Ahhh good ol' Barbados. We will hopefully (knock on wood, cross your fingers and toes!) be boarding a plane to JFK tomorrow evening, hanging out for a few hours at the Days Inn JFK and then heading back to the airport to fly to Barbados. Oh Barbados, how I have missed you!

No comments: