Friday, June 26, 2009

Five for Friday

1. What a tragic week it has been. We start Monday with the horrific Metro collision that killed nine people. Many thanks to all those who checked in to see if Brad and I were okay. We don't take the Red Line, we're Yellow Line-ers, but it's still scary none-the-less. I am glad to see that the train operator is being remembered in a positive light, since it appeared that she did everything in her power to stop the train. I really hope it turns out that she wasn't texting or on her phone, like too many of these sad stories often turn out to be. Riding the Metro is a bit weird these days, although I figure you statistically have a much better chance of something going on in a car, especially the way people drive around here! So I shall continue my Metro commute.

2. They always say that people die in threes, so I guess you got your trifecta with the deaths of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcette and Michael Jackson this week. I'm a little young to appreciate Ms Fawcette in her hay-day, but I do know that she put on an incredibly brave, and public, battle against cancer. My most fond Michael Jackson memory is probably way back in fifth grade when I was in an exchange program and went to France for three weeks. I clearly remember riding on a charter bus, with a bunch of French students, listening to the same Michael Jackson cassette over and over and over again. These kids barely knew a lick of English, but they certainly knew MJ's lyrics! I hope he is remember in the fond light of his time at the top, since things haven't been going so well for him the last few years.

3. On a happier note, tonight Christina Saull Photography is hosting its very own Meet the Artist Night at Artomatic! I'll be hanging out by my wall from 6-10pm, serving cookies, handing out coupons for free prints (one per hour!) and chatting it up with whoever stops by.

4. On another Artomatic note, I can't believe it's almost over! The show closes July 5th, after a great six week run. I've sold a few pieces, more than I expected to, and I've met some other great artists in the process. The whole thing has been a neat experience, one that I hope to repeat next year!

5. As if life weren't busy enough right now, my in-laws are driving into town as I write this. They're here until Monday and then my Dad arrives on Thursday! Two straight weeks of parents means that Brad and I will be in hibernation the weekend after :)

Have a pleasant weekend everyone!

No comments: