Friday, June 19, 2009

Five for Friday

1. On Monday evening, Brad and I went to see "An Evening with Ellis Marsalis" at the Kennedy Center. For those of you who are not familiar, Ellis Marsalis is a jazz pianist and the father of Wynton Marsalis, the trumpter and founder of the combo that performs on Jazz at Lincoln Center. It was a really neat concert, which featured Ellis, Wynton, his three musically inclined brothers, one of his non-musical brothers (who read a great poem - he's apparently very literary - they call him "The Oracle") and Harry Connick, Jr. The music was great and it finished with a NOLA-style parade through the audience, complete with Harry Connick, Jr. on cow bell and a large twirrling umbrella. I have certainly never been to a Kennedy Center performance that included dancing in the aisles by both the performers and the audience!

2. It has been a crazy long week at work.... but a good week - one that just ended on a great note. But I'm still glad it's Friday!

3. Thanks to everyone who came out at Artomatic's Meet the Artist night last Saturday! I was really nervous going into it, but so many lovely people stopped by and chatted it up. I sold a few pieces and have a few more sales pending. If you weren't able to make it down, I promise no hurt feelings since you'll have another opportunity on June 26th :)

4. I am having the urge to do something fun. Anyone have any suggestions? If it's summer-esque, you get bonus points!

5. Can't think of a number five, so I thought I'd just leave you with a photo - the one that is selling like hotcakes at Artomatic!

No comments: