Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving... lots more than giving thanks!

Brad and I had a great time in Minneapolis celebrating Thanksgiving with family! On Thursday we did the usual Thanksgiving festivities - watching the parade and football, taking a long nap, a fantastic meal prepared by Noni, and an after dinner walk followed up by several pieces of pie :)

On Friday, Brad, Dad, Aunt Barb and I ventured to the craziness of Black Friday shopping at the Mall of America. We broke up into pairs and it is sad to say that the boys actually out shopped my aunt and I! We all got some great deals though and finished much of our shopping. Friday evening we went downtown to the Hollidazzle parade. It was quite chilly, but still fun to see.

Saturday Brad, Dad and I headed back to the Mall of America so Dad could shop and Brad and I could ride some rides (really the only thing Brad wanted to do the whole trip!). We rode the log flume, the rollar coaster, the ferris wheel and Brad rode the scary upsidedown ride. Saturday night, Aunt Barb and Unlce Paul hosted us at their house for a great dinner and some fun with the cousins.

It was a great trip and reminded me of all I have to be thankful for this year - my wonderful family and especially my new husband!!

Brad and Papa all bundled up enjoying their mini-doughnuts before the parade

Hollidazzle dancing Christmas bulbs!

Hollidazzle train
in front of the Mall of America ferris wheel

Brad, Christina, Hermie and some penguins
the only semi-scary ride: the ferris wheel!


No comments: