Tuesday, November 20, 2007

God's beauty and my hatred of flying

There are few things in this world that give me greater anxiety than flying. Usually I just sit there through the whole flight, clutching the arms rests and trying not to overanalyze every little bump and noise. So you can imagine how I felt on our recent honeymoon flight - eight hours, the majority which was spent over the Atlantic ocean. Into about the fourth hour coming home, when I really starting to go nuts, I looked out the window and was rewarded with the most amazing sunset I've ever seen. It made me stop worrying for a minute and thank God for the beauty he has given us here on Earth.

An equally amazing site was the Alps, peaking out through the clouds on our flight from Munich to Barcelona. The pictures just don't do it justice!






2 comments:

erin said...

Ha ha, I'm the SAME way on planes.

jeska00 said...

Hi, your pictures are beautiful! I love flying above clouds, when I was little I always thought that we were visiting heaven :)