Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The way to a woman's heart...

So I've really been slacking on this blog lately. I've been putting a lot of time and energy into my travel blog, View from the Middle Seat, (which I know you're all reading) that my blogging energies have been zapped.

Did you have a good Valentine's Day? Brad and I have never really been ones to celebrate Valentine's Day much. Sure, we watched "Will you be my valentine, Charlie Brown?" on Friday evening and gave each other over-priced mushy cards, but I generally find the whole holiday to be ridiculous.

That was until Brad gave me my present on Monday night. It was wrapped in pink and red heart wrapping paper, much too perfectly for Brad to have wrapped it himself. As I tore off the packaging, I immediately recognized the brushed-gold box. Move over Tiffany, because this box has the ability to wow me even more than your turquoise one! (Brad, you can disregard that last sentence)

Inside: Malley's heart-shaped, peanut butter filled chocolates.

I let out a squeal of joy and ignored the voice in my head saying 'You know, this is totally going to screw up your healthy eating plan you've been sticking to so religiously.'

My husband is THE. BEST. Not just because he got me chocolates on Valentine's Day. But because he got me chocolates on Valentine's Day from my favorite candy store which is located four states away.

And they say that the path to a man's heart is through his stomach - ha!

No comments: