Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A few thoughts for Tuesday

Sorry I didn't write on Friday. 'Tis a bit crazy here!

1. Have you seen "The King's Speech"? If not, you should definitely go see it! Brad and I don't see many movies (in the theater or otherwise), but this one was definitely well worth our time and money. The acting is supurb, the cinematography is excellent and the music is perfectly chosen. I'll definitely be rooting for it on Oscar night!


2. Have you been following all the action in Egypt? I think it's absolutely facinating to watch. I can't imagine something like that ever happening in the U.S., because we just handle things differently. It has really re-sparked my love of foreign affairs and brought out the wonky poli sci nerd in me.


3. Have you ever been to Trader Joe's? If not, and there is one near you, get thee self there immediately! What a fantastic store! Last night we went in there to buy naturally dried fruit (since the stuff I normally buy for my oatmeal is full of added sugar) and came out with tons of healthy Super Bowl snacks. I also love that they have a handy guide to items that are low sodium, something that is important to me.



4.One of my new years resolutions was to read a book a month. The initial book I chose for January (a 450 pager) is taking me longer than expected, so I'm going to make that my February book. Be watching this here blog in the next few days for a review of a book I actually did read in January.


5. Are you following along at View from the Middle Seat yet? If not, well, ya should be!

No comments: