Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Recipe Tuesday: Pumpkin Spiced Latte


Photo (C) Christina Saull - All Rights Reserved

There is no one who loves coffee more than I do (I take that back, I have a good friend who makes, and drinks, at least one pot a day).

Anyway, the only thing I don't like about coffee is how expensive it is to buy from a restaurant/coffee house. Which is why I was really excited to find this recipe for crock pot pumpkin spiced latte's! Is there anything more perfect for fall?

Note: this recipe is also gluten free!

Ingredients
- 2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 2 T canned pumpkin
- 2 T white sugar
- 2 T vanilla (not a typo. it asks for tablespoons)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny pinch of ground ginger
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee

- garnish with whipped cream (optional) (lets be honest though, this isn't really optional)

Directions
This will make enough for 2 people to have a big mug with a bit leftover. If you are having friends over, adjust the recipe accordingly. I used a 4-quart crock pot, but as small as a 1.5 quart will work with these amounts.

Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the crock pot. Whisk in the pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.

Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon.

2 comments:

Dinetonite said...

Hmm.... leave the pumpkin out and it sounds good. lol

Diane said...

oohh I can't wait to try it!