Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank a Veteran today

Today our nation pauses to thank those who have put their lives on hold to serve our country and protect our freedoms. I am thankful for all the Veterans in my life - my grandfather and great-uncle. I am especially thinking of my brother today, who is serving our nation in the Air Force. While he is currently stationed in California, he'll be heading to South Korea and then Japan in a month. Thanksgiving, the last time our family gets to see him before he deploys, will be extra special this year, with much to be thankful for. While I have to work today (which I think is an awful disrespect to those who have given their all for our country), I hope those of you who don't have to take some time to attend a Veterans Day parade or ceremony, or just stop a soldier in uniform on the street to say thank you. Those are two words these guys and gals don't hear nearly enough these days.

these 4,000 stars represent 400,000 Americans who were killed in World War II


No comments: