Thursday, June 5, 2008

Big News!

I have been so blessed in my short professional life to have always been given the most amazing career opportunities, starting my junion year of college, when most 21 year olds were downing pizza and beer and sleeping till 10am. Well, the next step in my so far adventurous working life has come: as of about ten minutes ago, I have officially accepted a position with the Amercian Cancer Society! I will be serving in the role of manager for media advocacy and will be working out of their office here in D.C. (located right behind the FBI and very close to good food... and a Penn Camera (which is going to be the undoing of my checking account!!)).
I am very sad to leave behind the fantastic coworkers I have in Mr. Sullivan's office, where I have served the last two years, but am really looking forward to this new opportunity and challenge.

This all has me thinking back to my last day in Mr. Voinovich's office, in Feb. 2006...

That nice looking lady in the green sweater is my good friend Laura, who was also one of our bridesmaid's! I was so fortunate for the experiences I had in Mr. Voinovich's office, that the friendship was such an added bonus.

I feel much the same about my current office. Although I work with mostly boys, I love these guys like brothers and will greatly miss them.


hanging out at the Team Sully Bowl-a-Rama - also my birthday this year!
touring the new Capitol Visitor Center

on a tour of the Capitol dome... one of the truly awesome things I got to do in this office

3 comments:

erin said...

Congrats to you!

Callie said...

Congratulations on the new job! I look forward to hearing exciting things!

Erin Conrad said...

so sad. team sully will miss you. but congrats on the new job!